Saturday 4 February 2017

ABOUT THE BLACK HANDEL

THE BLACK HANDEL Okay. So I am the Black Handel not Handle. My name is Kwaku Boakye-Frempong. And basically, I'm a human being. But what are my attributes: A baroque music composer, arranger of various songs, violinist, violist, cellist, bassist, alto singer, tenor singer, bass singer, keyboardist, music director for sprouting-up choir called the Adom Chamber Chorus, and CEO of Cyber Knight.

Why the name Black Handel?

I have been reincarnated. In my past life, I was George Frederick Handel before dying in London, on the 14th of April, 1759 and... It's okay - scratch all that. Just kidding. My love for music that's out of this era began as a toddler. The first piece I fell in love with was Fur Elise which was used to put me to sleep. I heard another piece entitled Ombra mai fu from the opera, Serse by Georg Friedrich Händel known by many as Largo from Xerxes(although Handel marked the tempo as larghetto) which I loved so much and that was when my knowledge of Handel started. After studying his dexterity and skills in baroque music, I decided to make him my role model and thus the name Black Handel... Yeah, less I forget, my complexion is actually black.

Is it only Handel I know? Is it only Messiah I know?

Nope... I know of several composers you may not know of in all the different eras of music. And I know Handel has more oratorios that are more intriguing and captivating than Messiah. Even according to Handel, his most beloved oratorio was Theodora(of which some of you do not know of).

You want to see my face?


Hope you are okay now...

Why did I create this blog?

I made this blog to talk about music in Ghana especially "Choral" Music as known by most Ghanaians - baroque, classical, renaissance, etc. etc. etc. There'll be journals and sharing of music posts. Also I will be advertising the works and promoting the fame of Ghana's prestigious music company and society, Choral Music Ghana. And on this blog, there will be links to my compositions for everyone to have access to.
And in all these, your criticisms are welcome and may be addressed-Maybe.
This is all for now. Be on the watch for more to come. A loud shoutout to Jesse Johnson, CEO of Choral Music Ghana...

No comments:

Post a Comment